You may wish to disable Active Scripting within Internet Explorer for security purposes. This tutorial explains how it is done.
- Open your Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on Tools in your IE menu, located at the top of your browser window.
- A drop-down menu will now appear. Choose the option labeled Internet Options....
- The Internet Options dialog will now appear, overlaying your browser window. Click on the tab labeled Security.
- In the 'Web content zone' section, click on the option labeled Internet.
- In the 'Security level for this zone' section, click on the button labeled Custom Level....
- A Security Settings dialog will now appear. Scroll down until you reach the 'Scripting' section. Under the 'Active Scripting' header, select the radio button labeled 'Disable'.
- Click on the button labeled OK.
- A warning message will now appear asking 'Are you sure you want to change the security settings for this zone?' Click on the button labeled Yes.
- You will now be returned to the Internet Options dialog. Click on the button labeled OK.
- Restart your Internet Explorer browser.
What You Need
- Internet Explorer Web browser