This article was last updated on November 29, 2013.
In the Safari for Windows web browser, plug-ins can be installed to add functionality and enhance the power of the application. Some, such as basic Java plug-ins, may come prepackaged with Safari while others are installed by you. A list of the plug-ins that have been installed, along with descriptions and MIME type information for each, is maintained locally on your computer in HTML format. This list can be viewed from within your browser in just a few short steps.
- Open your Safari for Windows browser.
- Click on Help in your Safari menu, located at the top of your browser window. If your Safari menu is not visible, first click on the "gear" (tools) button - found in the upper right hand corner of your browser window. When the drop-down menu appears, select the Show Menu Bar option.
- A drop-down menu will now appear. Choose the option labeled Installed Plug-Ins.
- A new browser window will now open containing detailed information on all of the plug-ins you currently have installed.
What You Need
- Safari for Windows browser