The Bottom Line
Finjan SecureBrowsing is a Firefox for Windows add-on which searches major web sites as well as search results for malicious content hiding behind links. By accessing and scanning destination URLs in real time, the add-on proactively warns you when a link is potentially dangerous.
- Sites are scanned in their current form, so potentially harmful recent changes are always detected.
- Visiting unknown sites from search results becomes a lot safer with SecureBrowsing installed.
- Code analysis is a more efficient method than most alternatives for detecting malicious behavior.
- Some warnings contain rather detailed information about the nature of the threat at hand.
- SecureBrowsing does not depend on static URLs or blacklists, giving it a more dynamic approach.
- Does not work with some major web sites.
- Finjan SecureBrowsing automatically analyzes pages behind the links of search results, ads, and many web pages.
- Alerts are issued when malicious code such as viruses, spyware, and malware are found.
- When a dangerous link is detected, the More info feature provides detailed information on the type of threat that exists.
- An option is provided to report dangerous URLs to Finjan's Malicious Code Research Center.
- SecureBrowsing can be set to display notifications when a link is deemed harmful as well as a green check for safe links.
- The add-on can also be configured to restrict access to links that have not been analyzed.
- Settings can be easily modified via the Finjan menu, located in your browser's toolbar section.
Guide Review - Finjan SecureBrowsing